Learn Python Programming - Third Edition
Learn Python Programming
About the Book
Get up and running with Python 3.9 through concise tutorials and practical projects in this fully updated third edition
- Extensively revised with richer examples, Python 3.9 syntax, and new chapters on APIs and packaging and distributing Python code
- Discover how to think like a Python programmer
- Learn the fundamentals of Python through real-world projects in API development, GUI programming, and data science
Learn Python Programming, Third Edition is both a theoretical and practical introduction to Python, an extremely flexible and powerful programming language that can be applied to many disciplines. This book will make learning Python easy and give you a thorough understanding of the language. You'll learn how to write programs, build modern APIs, and work with data by using renowned Python data science libraries.
This revised edition covers the latest updates on API management, packaging applications, and testing. There is also broader coverage of context managers and an updated data science chapter.
The book empowers you to take ownership of writing your software and become independent in fetching the resources you need. You will have a clear idea of where to go and how to build on what you have learned from the book.
Through examples, the book explores a wide range of applications and concludes by building real-world Python projects based on the concepts you have learned.
What you will learn
- Get Python up and running on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Write elegant, reusable, and efficient code in any situation
- Avoid common pitfalls like duplication, complicated design, and over-engineering
- Understand when to use the functional or object-oriented approach to programming
- Build a simple API with FastAPI and program GUI applications with Tkinter
- Get an initial overview of more complex topics such as data persistence and cryptography
- Fetch, clean, and manipulate data, making efficient use of Python’s built-in data structures
Who this book is for
This book is for everyone who wants to learn Python from scratch, as well as experienced programmers looking for a reference book. Prior knowledge of basic programming concepts will help you follow along, but it’s not a prerequisite.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now