Learn Python Programming - Second Edition
The no-nonsense, beginner's guide to programming, data science, and web development with Python 3.7
About the Book
Use Java features such as JAX-RS, EJBs, and JPAs to build powerful middleware for newer architectures such as the cloud
- Explore EJBs to build middleware solutions for enterprise and distributed applications
- Understand middleware designs such as event-based and message-driven web services
- Learn to design and maintain large-scale systems and vendor disputes
Middleware is the infrastructure in software based applications that enables businesses to solve problems, operate more efficiently, and make money. As the use of middleware extends beyond a single application, the importance of having it written by experts increases substantially. This book will help you become an expert in developing middleware for a variety of applications.
The book starts off by exploring the latest Java EE 8 APIs with newer features and managing dependencies with CDI 2.0. You will learn to implement object-to-relational mapping using JPA 2.1 and validate data using bean validation. You will also work with different types of EJB to develop business logic, and with design RESTful APIs by utilizing different HTTP methods and activating JAX-RS features in enterprise applications. You will learn to secure your middleware with Java Security 1.0 and implement various authentication techniques, such as OAuth authentication. In the concluding chapters, you will use various test technologies, such as JUnit and Mockito, to test applications, and Docker to deploy your enterprise applications.
By the end of the book, you will be proficient in developing robust, effective, and distributed middleware for your business.
What you will learn
- Implement the latest Java EE 8 APIs and manage dependencies with CDI 2.0
- Perform CRUD operations and access databases with JPA 2.1
- Use bean validation API 2.0 to validate data
- Develop business logic with EJB 3.2
- Incorporate the REST architecture and RESTful API design patterns
- Perform serialization and deserialization on JSON documents using JSON-B
- Utilize JMS for messaging and queuing models and securing applications
- Test applications using JUnit and Mockito and deploy them using Docker
Who This Book Is For
Enterprise architects, designers, developers, and programmers who are interested in learning how to build robust middleware solutions for enterprise software will find this book useful. Prior knowledge of Java EE is essential
Table of Contents
- Delving into Java EE 8
- Dependency Injection Using CDI 2.0
- Accessing Database with JPA 2.1
- Validating Data with Bean Validation 2.0
- Exposing Web Services with JAX-RS 2.1
- Manipulating JSON with JSON-B 1.0
- Communicating with Different Systems with JMS 2.0
- Sending Mails with JavaMail 1.6
- Securing an Application with Java Security 1.0
- Making Interactive Applications with Websockets 1.1
- Writing Business Logic with EJB 3.2
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now