Learn Microsoft Office 2021
Learn Microsoft Office 2021
About the Book
Take your Microsoft Office skills to the next level by mastering the exciting new features and enhancements in Microsoft Office 2021, including communicating, collaborating, and presenting using Teams
- Get a progressive walkthrough of the new desktop and web apps with real-world examples
- Enrich your skillset by learning new productivity feature enhancements for Office web and desktop
- Discover how to use Microsoft Teams to communicate, collaborate, and present during meetings
This second edition book covers the new and exciting features of Microsoft Office 2021 for desktop and web apps, helping you broaden the skills from the previous edition. Using real-world experiences, this book will guide you through practical examples that set off your thought process to boost productivity.
To build new skills in each application, the book ensures that you gain a thorough understanding of new functions, such as PivotTables, Dashboards, and data manipulation methods in Excel.
You’ll explore PowerPoint tools such as Presenter Coach, Presenter View, the record tool, and setting reading order to mention a few. You’ll also manipulate slide elements using Auto Fix, draw features, insert video captions, explore playback options, and rehearse presentations using the body language Presenter Coach feature. The book demystifies the Transform feature and shows you how to dictate directly in Word. You’ll even be able to work with Styles by refining the layout and multiple tables of contents. Finally, you’ll focus on making the best use of Outlook enhancements and working remotely using Teams.
By the end of this book, you’ll have understood the features of each app inside out and enhanced your existing skills using new techniques to make your professional life more efficient.
What you will learn
- Uncover OneDrive features and Word enhancements such as dictation, co-authoring, embedding, styles, referencing, and media tools
- Manage Word document layouts, online forms, recording document automation, and track, compare, and combine
- Create engaging PowerPoint presentations using Presenter Coach, Auto Fix, Record, and drawing tools
- Explore Excel functions such as XLOOKUP, LET, XMATCH IFS, arrays and IFERROR, and VLOOKUP
- Work with database and COUNTIF functions, Advanced Filter, clean data, and PivotTables and Dashboards
- Explore Outlook enhancements
Who this book is for
If you work with Microsoft Office applications but are yet to discover the complete range of features, this second edition is tailored to broaden your skillset with new features and functionalities. It would be of value for those working in any industry and for students moving into the workplace or preparing for Microsoft Office certification. The book uses real-world practical workplace examples to help you get ready to apply your skills and make the most of the recent features of Microsoft Office.
Although not a prerequisite, a solid understanding of the Microsoft Office applications will be beneficial.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now