Create interactive data-driven visualizations for the web with the D3.js library
About the Book
Explore the power of D3.js 5 and its integration with web technologies for building rich and interactive data visualization solutions
- Explore the latest D3.js 5 for creating charts, plots, and force-directed graphics
- Build Real-time visualization and transition on web using SVG with D3.js
D3 is not a charting library. It doesn’t contain any pre-defined chart types, but can be used to create whatever visual representations of data you can imagine. The goal of this book is to introduce D3 and provide a learning path so that you obtain a solid understanding of its fundamental concepts, learn to use most of its modules and functions, and gain enough experience to create your own D3 visualizations. You will learn how to create bar, line, pie and scatter charts, trees, dendograms, treemaps, circle packs, chord/ribbon diagrams, sankey diagrams, animated network diagrams, and maps using different geographical projections. Fundamental concepts are explained in each chapter and then applied to a larger example in step-by-step tutorials, complete with full code, from hundreds of examples you can download and run.
What you will learn
- Learn to use D3.js version 5 and web standards to create beautiful interactive data-driven visualizations for the web
- Bind data to DOM elements, applying different scales, color schemes and configuring smooth animated transitions for data updates
- Generate data structures and layouts for many popular chart formats
- Apply interactive behaviors to any chart
- Create thematic maps based on GIS data using different geographical projections with interactive behaviors
- Load, parse and transform data from JSON and CSV formats
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now