Learn Clip Studio Paint Second Edition
Create impressive comics and Manga art in world-class graphics software
About the Book
Take your comics and illustrations to the next level with the powerful art tools in Clip Studio Paint 1.8
- Overcome “interface overwhelm” with a practical breakdown of the Clip Studio interface
- Comprehensive guide on the Clip Studio Paint with detailed coverage of all the tools and concepts of designing comics
- Streamline your workflow to create faster and easier using Clip Studio’s features
Clip Studio Paint, the successor to Manga Studio, is used by over four million illustrators and comic creators around the world. This book will guide you through every step of learning this software, from system requirements and installation, all the way through to exporting your work for print or the web. Learn how to create new documents, customize tools to fit your working style, use ruler tools to create anything from straight lines to intricate backgrounds, add 3D elements, create comic panels using the specialized panel tools, utilize screentones and materials, add text and word balloons to your comics, create sound effects, easily flat and color your comics using reference layers, and bring your drawings to life using the animation features.
By the end of this book, you will be able to navigate the Clip Studio Interface and program preferences, customize the various tools, and be able to create your own black-and-white and color illustrations and comics from start to finish.
What you will learn
- Understand the differences between Clip Studio Paint Pro and EX
- Discover how to navigate and customize the user interface
- Creating custom tools that fit your unique style of illustration
- Using the ruler tools to create intricate perspective shots and complex symmetry
- Discover how to use 3D elements in your work
- Learn how to create lettering and word balloons to bring your comic stories to life
- Understand the process of digital art creation from pencils to inks to color
- Understand how to use the animation tools available in Clip Studio Paint
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now