Learn C Programming - Second Edition
Learn C Programming
About the Book
Get started with writing simple programs in C while learning core programming concepts
- Learn essential C concepts such as variables, data structures, functions, loops, and pointers
- Grasp the core programming aspects that form the base of many modern programming languages
- Work with updated code samples and cover array declaration and initialization in detail in this new edition
The book takes you through basic programming concepts and shows you how to implement them in the C programming language. Throughout the book, you’ll create and run programs that demonstrate essential C concepts, such as program structure with functions, control structures such as loops and conditional statements, and complex data structures. As you make progress, you’ll get to grips with in-code documentation, testing, and validation methods. This new edition expands upon the use of enumerations, arrays, and additional C features, and provides two working programs based on the code used in the book. What's more, this book uses the method of intentional failure, where you'll develop a working program and then purposely break it to see what happens, thereby learning how to recognize possible mistakes when they happen.
By the end of this C programming book, you’ll have developed basic programming skills in C that can be easily applied to other programming languages and have gained a solid foundation for you to build on as a programmer.
What you will learn
- Implement fundamental programming concepts through C programs
- Understand the importance of creating complex data types and the functions to manipulate them
- Develop good coding practices and learn to write clean code
- Validate your programs before developing them further
- Use the C Standard Library functions and understand why it is advantageous
- Build and run a multi-file program with Make
- Get an overview of how C has changed since its introduction and where it is going
Who this book is for
If you're an absolute beginner who has basic familiarity with operating a computer, this book will help you learn the most fundamental concepts and practices that you need to know to become a successful C programmer. If you're an experienced programmer, you'll find the full range of C syntax as well as common C idioms covered in the book useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now