Learn Bosque Programming
Learn Bosque Programming
About the Book
Discover the benefits of regularized programming by implementing Bosque to build a variety of reliable apps
- Get up and running with the Bosque programming language and use it to build better software
- Streamline your app development and improve productivity using Bosque programming
- Eliminate sources of complexity such as loops, recursion, and invariants to develop quality products
Bosque is a new high-level programming language inspired by the impact of structured programming in the 1970s. It adopts the TypeScript syntax and ML semantics and is designed for writing code that is easy to reason about for humans and machines. With this book, you'll understand how Bosque supports high productivity and cloud-first development by removing sources of accidental complexity and introducing novel features.
This short book covers all the language features that you need to know to work with Bosque programming. You'll learn about basic data types, variables, functions, operators, statements, and expressions in Bosque and become familiar with advanced features such as typed strings, bulk algebraic data operations, namespace declarations, and concept and entity declarations. This Bosque book provides a complete language reference for learning to program with Bosque and understanding the regularized programming paradigm. You'll also explore real-world examples that will help you to reinforce the knowledge you've acquired. Additionally, you'll discover more advanced topics such as the Bosque project structure and contributing to the project.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to configure the Bosque environment and build better and reliable software with this exciting new open-source language.
What you will learn
- Find out what the Bosque project is
- Identify accidental complexity in code and how to overcome it with Bosque
- Understand the principles of the regularized programming paradigm
- Install and configure the Bosque environment
- Get hands-on experience using the Bosque language and its key features
- Recognize the advantages of explicit code intermediate representation design
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now