Learn AWS Serverless Computing
A beginner's guide to using AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and services from Amazon Web Services
About the Book
Build, deploy, test, and run cloud-native serverless applications using AWS Lambda and other popular AWS services
- Learn how to write, run, and deploy serverless applications in Amazon Web Services
- Make the most of AWS Lambda functions to build scalable and cost-efficient systems
- Build and deploy serverless applications with Amazon API Gateway and AWS Lambda functions
Serverless computing is a way to run your code without having to provision or manage servers. Amazon Web Services provides serverless services that you can use to build and deploy cloud-native applications. Starting with the basics of AWS Lambda, this book takes you through combining Lambda with other services from AWS, such as Amazon API Gateway, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Step Functions.
You’ll learn how to write, run, and test Lambda functions using examples in Node.js, Java, Python, and C# before you move on to developing and deploying serverless APIs efficiently using the Serverless Framework. In the concluding chapters, you’ll discover tips and best practices for leveraging Serverless Framework to increase your development productivity.
By the end of this book, you’ll have become well-versed in building, securing, and running serverless applications using Amazon API Gateway and AWS Lambda without having to manage any servers.
What you will learn
- Understand the core concepts of serverless computing in AWS
- Create your own AWS Lambda functions and build serverless APIs using Amazon API Gateway
- Explore best practices for developing serverless applications at scale using Serverless Framework
- Discover the DevOps patterns in a modern CI/CD pipeline with AWS CodePipeline
- Build serverless data processing jobs to extract, transform, and load data
- Enforce resource tagging policies with continuous compliance and AWS Config
- Create chatbots with natural language understanding to perform automated tasks
Who this book is for
This AWS book is for cloud architects and developers who want to build and deploy serverless applications using AWS Lambda. A basic understanding of AWS is required to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now