Improving Your Splunk Skills
Leverage the operational intelligence capabilities of Splunk to unlock new hidden business insights
About the Book
Transform machine-generated data into valuable business insights using the powers of Splunk
- Explore the all-new machine learning toolkit in Splunk 7.x
- Tackle any problems related to searching and analyzing your data with Splunk
- Get the latest information and business insights on Splunk 7.x
Splunk makes it easy for you to take control of your data and drive your business with the cutting edge of operational intelligence and business analytics. Through this Learning Path, you'll implement new services and utilize them to quickly and efficiently process machine-generated big data.
You'll begin with an introduction to the new features, improvements, and offerings of Splunk 7. You'll learn to efficiently use wildcards and modify your search to make it faster. You'll learn how to enhance your applications by using XML dashboards and configuring and extending Splunk. You'll also find step-by-step demonstrations that'll walk you through building an operational intelligence application. As you progress, you'll explore data models and pivots to extend your intelligence capabilities.
By the end of this Learning Path, you'll have the skills and confidence to implement various Splunk services in your projects.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Implementing Splunk 7 - Third Edition by James Miller
- Splunk Operational Intelligence Cookbook - Third Edition by Paul R Johnson, Josh Diakun, et al
What you will learn
- Master the new offerings in Splunk: Splunk Cloud and the Machine Learning Toolkit
- Create efficient and effective searches
- Master the use of Splunk tables, charts, and graph enhancements
- Use Splunk data models and pivots with faster data model acceleration
- Master all aspects of Splunk XML dashboards with hands-on applications
- Apply ML algorithms for forecasting and anomaly detection
Who this book is for
This Learning Path is for data analysts, business analysts, and IT administrators who want to leverage the Splunk enterprise platform as a valuable operational intelligence tool. Existing Splunk users who want to upgrade and get up and running with Splunk 7.x will also find this book useful. Some knowledge of Splunk services will help you get the most out of this Learning Path.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now