Improving your C# Skills
Solve modern challenges with functional programming and test-driven techniques of C#
About the Book
Conquer complex and interesting programming challenges by building robust and concurrent applications with caches, cryptography, and parallel programming.
- Understand how to use .NET frameworks like the Task Parallel Library (TPL)and CryptoAPI
- Develop a containerized application based on microservices architecture
- Gain insights into memory management techniques in .NET Core
This Learning Path shows you how to create high performing applications and solve programming challenges using a wide range of C# features. You’ll begin by learning how to identify the bottlenecks in writing programs, highlight common performance pitfalls, and apply strategies to detect and resolve these issues early. You'll also study the importance of micro-services architecture for building fast applications and implementing resiliency and security in .NET Core. Then, you'll study the importance of defining and testing boundaries, abstracting away third-party code, and working with different types of test double, such as spies, mocks, and fakes. In addition to describing programming trade-offs, this Learning Path will also help you build a useful toolkit of techniques, including value caching, statistical analysis, and geometric algorithms. This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 High Performance by Ovais Mehboob Ahmed Khan
- Practical Test-Driven Development using C# 7 by John Callaway, Clayton Hunt
- The Modern C# Challenge by Rod Stephens
What you will learn
- Measure application performance using BenchmarkDotNet
- Leverage the Task Parallel Library (TPL) and Parallel Language Integrated Query (PLINQ)library to perform asynchronous operations
- Modify a legacy application to make it testable
- Use LINQ and PLINQ to search directories for files matching patterns
- Find areas of polygons using geometric operations
- Randomize arrays and lists with extension methods
- Use cryptographic techniques to encrypt and decrypt strings and files
Who this book is for
If you want to improve the speed of your code and optimize the performance of your applications, or are simply looking for a practical resource on test driven development, this is the ideal Learning Path for you. Some familiarity with C# and .NET will be beneficial.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now