Implementing Splunk 7 - Third Edition
Effective operational intelligence to transform machine-generated data into valuable business insight
About the Book
A comprehensive guide to making machine data accessible across the organization using advanced dashboards
About This Book
- Enrich machine-generated data and transform it into useful, meaningful insights
- Perform search operations and configurations, build dashboards, and manage logs
- Extend Splunk services with scripts and advanced configurations to process optimal results
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for data analysts, business analysts, and IT administrators who want to make the best use of big data, operational intelligence, log management, and monitoring within their organization. Some knowledge of Splunk services will help you get the most out of the book
What You Will Learn
- Focus on the new features of the latest version of Splunk Enterprise 7
- Master the new offerings in Splunk: Splunk Cloud and the Machine Learning Toolkit
- Create efficient and effective searches within the organization
- Master the use of Splunk tables, charts, and graph enhancements
- Use Splunk data models and pivots with faster data model acceleration
- Master all aspects of Splunk XML dashboards with hands-on applications
- Create and deploy advanced Splunk dashboards to share valuable business insights with peers
Splunk is the leading platform that fosters an efficient methodology and delivers ways to search, monitor, and analyze growing amounts of big data. This book will allow you to implement new services and utilize them to quickly and efficiently process machine-generated big data.
We introduce you to all the new features, improvements, and offerings of Splunk 7. We cover the new modules of Splunk: Splunk Cloud and the Machine Learning Toolkit to ease data usage. Furthermore, you will learn to use search terms effectively with Boolean and grouping operators. You will learn not only how to modify your search to make your searches fast but also how to use wildcards efficiently. Later you will learn how to use stats to aggregate values, a chart to turn data, and a time chart to show values over time; you'll also work with fields and chart enhancements and learn how to create a data model with faster data model acceleration. Once this is done, you will learn about XML Dashboards, working with apps, building advanced dashboards, configuring and extending Splunk, advanced deployments, and more. Finally, we teach you how to use the Machine Learning Toolkit and best practices and tips to help you implement Splunk services effectively and efficiently.
By the end of this book, you will have learned about the Splunk software as a whole and implemented Splunk services in your tasks at projects
Style and approach
An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to help you get to grips with real-world applications of Splunk 7.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now