IBM Db2 11.1 Certification Guide
Explore techniques to master database programming and administration tasks in IBM Db2
About the Book
Mastering material for dealing with DBA certification exams
- Prepare yourself for the IBM C2090-600 certification exam
- Cover over 50 Db2 procedures including database design, performance, and security
- Work through over 150 Q&As to gain confidence on each topic
IBM Db2 is a relational database management system (RDBMS) that helps you store, analyze, and retrieve data efficiently. This comprehensive book is designed to help you master all aspects of IBM Db2 database administration and prepare you to take and pass IBM's Certification Exams C2090-600. Building on years of extensive experience, the authors take you through all areas covered by the test. The book delves deep into each certification topic: Db2 server management, physical design, business rules implementation, activity monitoring, utilities, high availability, and security. IBM Db2 11.1 Certification Guide provides you with more than 150 practice questions and answers, simulating real certification examination questions. Each chapter includes an extensive set of practice questions along with carefully explained answers.
This book will not just prepare you for the C2090-600 exam but also help you troubleshoot day-to-day database administration challenges.
What you will learn
- Configure and manage Db2 servers, instances, and databases
- Implement Db2 BLU Acceleration and a DB2 pureScale environment
- Create, manage, and alter Db2 database objects
- Use the partitioning capabilities available within Db2
- Enforce constraint checking with the SET INTEGRITY command
- Utilize the Db2 problem determination (db2pd) and dsmtop tools
- Configure and manage HADR
- Understand how to encrypt data in transit and at rest
Who This Book Is For
The IBM Db2 11.1 Certification Guide is an excellent choice for database administrators, architects, and application developers who are keen to obtain certification in Db2. Basic understanding of Db2 is expected in order to get the most out of this guide.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Db2 Certification Path
- Db2 Server Management
- Physical Design
- Implementing Business Rules
- Monitoring Db2 Activity
- Db2 Utilities
- High Availability
- Db2 Security
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now