Hands-on Go Programming
Learn Google’s Golang Programming, Data Structures, Error Handling and Concurrency
Formats - PDF, EPUB
Pages - 2240
ISBN - 9789389898194
Language - English
Published on 04/2022
An easy-to-understand guide that helps you get familiar with the basics and advanced concepts in Golang
- Everything you need to know on how to use Go programming.
- Illustrated Examples on Go Functions, Control Flows, and Arrays.
- Deep Dive into Slices, Maps, Structs, Error Handling and Concurrency in Golang.
Hands-on Go Programming is designed to get you up and running as fast as possible with Go. You will not just learn the basics but get introduced to how to use advanced features of Golang.
The book begins with the basic concepts of Data types, Constants, Variables, Operators, Reassignment, and Redeclaration. Moving ahead, we explore and learn the use of Functions, Control flows, Arrays, Slices, Maps, and Structs using some great examples and illustrations. We then get to know about Methods in Golang. Furthermore, we learn about complex aspects of Golang such as Interfaces,Pointers, Concurrency and Error Handling.
By the end, you will be familiar with both the basics and advanced concepts of Go and start developing critical programs working using this language.
What you will learn
- Learn Golang syntaxes, control structures and Error Handling in-dept.
- Learn to declare, create and modify Slices, Maps and Struct in Go.
- Build your own concurrent programs with Goroutines and Channels.
- Deep Dive into Error handling in Golang.
Who this book is for
Anyone who knows basic programming can use this book to upskill themselves in Golang. This book is also for Engineering students, IT/Software professionals, and existing Go programmers. Architects and Developers working in Cloud, Networking, and DevOps can use this book to learn Go programming and apply the knowledge gained to design and build solutions in their respective domains.
Table of Contents
1. Chapter 1 Introduction
2. Chapter 2 Functions
3. Chapter 3 Control Flows
4. Chapter 4 Arrays
5. Chapter 5 Slices
6. Chapter 6 Maps
7. Chapter 7 Structs
8. Chapter 8 Methods
9. Chapter 9 Interfaces
10. Chapter 10 Pointers
11. Chapter 11 Concurrency
12. Chapter 12 Error Handling