Hands-On Functional Programming with C++
An effective guide to writing accelerated functional code using C++17 and C++20
Formats - PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Pages - 358
ISBN - 9781789809213
Language - English
Published on 06/2019
Learn functional programming and build robust applications using the latest functional features in C++
- Learn programming concepts such as loops, expressive code, and simple parallelization
- Understand the working of Lambdas and Currying and write Pure functions
- Explore event sourcing and other functional patterns to improve the efficiency of your applications
Functional programming enables you to divide your software into smaller, reusable components that are easy to write, debug, and maintain. Combined with the power of C++, you can develop scalable and functional applications for modern software requirements. This book will help you discover the functional features in C++ 17 and C++ 20 to build enterprise-level applications.
Starting with the fundamental building blocks of functional programming and how to use them in C++, you’ll explore functions, currying, and lambdas. As you advance, you’ll learn how to improve cohesion and delve into test-driven development, which will enable you in designing better software. In addition to this, the book covers architectural patterns such as event sourcing to help you get to grips with the importance of immutability for data storage. You’ll even understand how to “think in functions” and implement design patterns in a functional way.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to write faster and cleaner production code in C++ with the help of functional programming.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of functional programming
- Structure your code by understanding the building blocks of functional programming
- Compare design styles in functional programming and object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Use the concept of currying to create new functions in C++
- Become skilled at implementing design patterns in a functional way
- Get to grips with multithreading by means of functional programming
- Learn how to improve memory consumption when using functional constructs
Who this book is for
This book is for C++ developers who want to learn functional programming but have little to no knowledge of the paradigm. Although no prior knowledge of functional programming is necessary, basic C++ programming experience will help you understand key concepts covered in the book.