Hands-On Web Scraping with Python
Perform advanced scraping operations using various Python libraries and tools such as Selenium, Regex, and others
About the Book
Collect and scrape different complexities of data from the modern Web using the latest tools, best practices, and techniques
- Learn various scraping techniques using a range of Python libraries such as Scrapy and Beautiful Soup
- Build scrapers and crawlers to extract relevant information from the web
- Automate web scraping operations to bridge the accuracy gap and ease complex business needs
Web scraping is an essential technique used in many organizations to scrape valuable data from web pages. This book will enable you to delve deeply into web scraping techniques and methodologies.
This book will introduce you to the fundamental concepts of web scraping techniques and how they can be applied to multiple sets of web pages. We'll use powerful libraries from the Python ecosystem—such as Scrapy, lxml, pyquery, bs4, and others—to carry out web scraping operations. We will take an in-depth look at essential tasks to carry out simple to intermediate scraping operations such as identifying information from web pages, using patterns or attributes to retrieve information, and others. This book adopts a practical approach to web scraping concepts and tools, guiding you through a series of use cases and showing you how to use the best tools and techniques to efficiently scrape web pages. This book also covers the use of other popular web scraping tools, such as Selenium, Regex, and web-based APIs.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to efficiently scrape the web using different techniques with Python and other popular tools.
What you will learn
- Analyze data and Information from web pages
- Learn how to use browser-based developer tools from the scraping perspective
- Use XPath and CSS selectors to identify and explore markup elements
- Learn to handle and manage cookies
- Explore advanced concepts in handling HTML forms and processing logins
- Optimize web securities, data storage, and API use to scrape data
- Use Regex with Python to extract data
- Deal with complex web entities by using Selenium to find and extract data
Who this book is for
This book is for Python programmers, data analysts, web scraping newbies, and anyone who wants to learn how to perform web scraping from scratch. If you want to begin your journey in applying web scraping techniques to a range of web pages, then this book is what you need! A working knowledge of the Python programming language is expected.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now