Hands-On Image Generation with TensorFlow
A practical guide to generating images and videos using deep learning
About the Book
Implement various state-of-the-art architectures, such as GANs and autoencoders, for image generation using TensorFlow 2.x from scratch
- Understand the different architectures for image generation, including autoencoders and GANs
- Build models that can edit an image of your face, turn photos into paintings, and generate photorealistic images
- Discover how you can build deep neural networks with advanced TensorFlow 2.x features
The emerging field of Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) has made it possible to generate indistinguishable images from existing datasets. With this hands-on book, you’ll not only develop image generation skills but also gain a solid understanding of the underlying principles.
Starting with an introduction to the fundamentals of image generation using TensorFlow, this book covers Variational Autoencoders (VAEs) and GANs. You’ll discover how to build models for different applications as you get to grips with performing face swaps using deepfakes, neural style transfer, image-to-image translation, turning simple images into photorealistic images, and much more. You’ll also understand how and why to construct state-of-the-art deep neural networks using advanced techniques such as spectral normalization and self-attention layer before working with advanced models for face generation and editing. You'll also be introduced to photo restoration, text-to-image synthesis, video retargeting, and neural rendering. Throughout the book, you’ll learn to implement models from scratch in TensorFlow 2.x, including PixelCNN, VAE, DCGAN, WGAN, pix2pix, CycleGAN, StyleGAN, GauGAN, and BigGAN.
By the end of this book, you'll be well versed in TensorFlow and be able to implement image generative technologies confidently.
What you will learn
- Train on face datasets and use them to explore latent spaces for editing new faces
- Get to grips with swapping faces with deepfakes
- Perform style transfer to convert a photo into a painting
- Build and train pix2pix, CycleGAN, and BicycleGAN for image-to-image translation
- Use iGAN to understand manifold interpolation and GauGAN to turn simple images into photorealistic images
- Become well versed in attention generative models such as SAGAN and BigGAN
- Generate high-resolution photos with Progressive GAN and StyleGAN
Who this book is for
The Hands-On Image Generation with TensorFlow book is for deep learning engineers, practitioners, and researchers who have basic knowledge of convolutional neural networks and want to learn various image generation techniques using TensorFlow 2.x. You’ll also find this book useful if you are an image processing professional or computer vision engineer looking to explore state-of-the-art architectures to improve and enhance images and videos. Knowledge of Python and TensorFlow will help you to get the best out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now