Hands-On High Performance with Go
Boost and optimize the performance of your Golang applications at scale with resilience
About the Book
Proven methodologies and concurrency techniques that will help you write faster and better code with Go programming
- Explore Go’s profiling tools to write faster programs by identifying and fixing bottlenecks
- Address Go-specific performance issues such as memory allocation and garbage collection
- Delve into the subtleties of concurrency and discover how to successfully implement it in everyday applications
Go is an easy-to-write language that is popular among developers thanks to its features such as concurrency, portability, and ability to reduce complexity. This Golang book will teach you how to construct idiomatic Go code that is reusable and highly performant.
Starting with an introduction to performance concepts, you’ll understand the ideology behind Go’s performance. You’ll then learn how to effectively implement Go data structures and algorithms along with exploring data manipulation and organization to write programs for scalable software. This book covers channels and goroutines for parallelism and concurrency to write high-performance code for distributed systems. As you advance, you’ll learn how to manage memory effectively. You’ll explore the compute unified device architecture (CUDA) application programming interface (API), use containers to build Go code, and work with the Go build cache for quicker compilation. You’ll also get to grips with profiling and tracing Go code for detecting bottlenecks in your system. Finally, you’ll evaluate clusters and job queues for performance optimization and monitor the application for performance regression.
By the end of this Go programming book, you’ll be able to improve existing code and fulfill customer requirements by writing efficient programs.
What you will learn
- Organize and manipulate data effectively with clusters and job queues
- Explore commonly applied Go data structures and algorithms
- Write anonymous functions in Go to build reusable apps
- Profile and trace Go apps to reduce bottlenecks and improve efficiency
- Deploy, monitor, and iterate Go programs with a focus on performance
- Dive into memory management and CPU and GPU parallelism in Go
Who this book is for
This Golang book is a must for developers and professionals who have an intermediate-to-advanced understanding of Go programming, and are interested in improving their speed of code execution.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now