Hands-On Full Stack Development with Go
Build full stack web applications with Go, React, Gin, and GopherJS
About the Book
Create a real-world application in Go and explore various frameworks and methodologies for full-stack development
- Build a responsive front end by using the powerful React framework
- Build web APIs and middleware in the Go language by making use of the popular Gin framework
- Build an Isomorphic Go React application via GopherJS
- Perform unit tests, and benchmarking on your web API
The Go programming language has been rapidly adopted by developers for building web applications. With its impressive performance and ease of development, Go enjoys the support of a wide variety of open source frameworks, for building scalable and high-performant web services and apps. Hands-On Full Stack Development with Go is a comprehensive guide that covers all aspects of full-stack development with Go.
This clearly written, the example-rich book begins with a practical exposure to Go development and moves on to build a frontend with the popular React framework. From there, you will build RESTful web APIs utilizing the Gin framework. After that, we will dive deeper into important software backend concepts, such as connecting to the database via an ORM, designing routes for your services, securing your services, and even charging credit cards via the popular Stripe API. We will also cover how to test, and benchmark your applications efficiently in a production environment. In the concluding chapters, we will cover isomorphic developments in pure Go by learning about GopherJS. As you progress through the book, you'll gradually build a musical instrument online store application from scratch.
By the end of the book, you will be confident in taking on full-stack web applications in Go.
What you will learn
- Understand Go programming by building a real-world application
- Learn the React framework to develop a frontend for your application
- Understand isomorphic web development utilizing the GopherJS framework
- Explore methods to write RESTful web APIs in Go using the Gin framework
- Learn practical topics such as ORM layers, secure communications, and Stripe's API
- Learn methods to benchmark and test web APIs in Go
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now