Hands-On Exploratory Data Analysis with Python
Perform EDA techniques to understand, summarize, and investigate your data
About the Book
Discover techniques to summarize the characteristics of your data using PyPlot, NumPy, SciPy, and pandas
- Understand the fundamental concepts of exploratory data analysis using Python
- Find missing values in your data and identify the correlation between different variables
- Practice graphical exploratory analysis techniques using Matplotlib and the Seaborn Python package
Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) is an approach to data analysis that involves the application of diverse techniques to gain insights into a dataset. This book will help you gain practical knowledge of the main pillars of EDA - data cleaning, data preparation, data exploration, and data visualization.
You’ll start by performing EDA using open source datasets and perform simple to advanced analyses to turn data into meaningful insights. You’ll then learn various descriptive statistical techniques to describe the basic characteristics of data and progress to performing EDA on time-series data. As you advance, you’ll learn how to implement EDA techniques for model development and evaluation and build predictive models to visualize results. Using Python for data analysis, you’ll work with real-world datasets, understand data, summarize its characteristics, and visualize it for business intelligence.
By the end of this EDA book, you’ll have developed the skills required to carry out a preliminary investigation on any dataset, yield insights into data, present your results with visual aids, and build a model that correctly predicts future outcomes.
What you will learn
- Import, clean, and explore data to perform preliminary analysis using powerful Python packages
- Identify and transform erroneous data using different data wrangling techniques
- Explore the use of multiple regression to describe non-linear relationships
- Discover hypothesis testing and explore techniques of time-series analysis
- Understand and interpret results obtained from graphical analysis
- Build, train, and optimize predictive models to estimate results
- Perform complex EDA techniques on open source datasets
Who this book is for
This EDA book is for anyone interested in data analysis, especially students, statisticians, data analysts, and data scientists. The practical concepts presented in this book can be applied in various disciplines to enhance decision-making processes with data analysis and synthesis. Fundamental knowledge of Python programming and statistical concepts is all you need to get started with this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now