Hands-On Enterprise Automation with Python.
Automate common administrative and security tasks with Python
About the Book
Invent your own Python scripts to automate your infrastructure
- Make the most of Python libraries and modules to automate your infrastructure
- Leverage Python programming to automate server configurations and administration tasks
- Efficiently develop your Python skill set
Hands-On Enterprise Automation with Python starts by covering the set up of a Python environment to perform automation tasks, as well as the modules, libraries, and tools you will be using.
We’ll explore examples of network automation tasks using simple Python programs and Ansible. Next, we will walk you through automating administration tasks with Python Fabric, where you will learn to perform server configuration and administration, along with system administration tasks such as user management, database management, and process management. As you progress through this book, you’ll automate several testing services with Python scripts and perform automation tasks on virtual machines and cloud infrastructure with Python. In the concluding chapters, you will cover Python-based offensive security tools and learn how to automate your security tasks.
By the end of this book, you will have mastered the skills of automating several system administration tasks with Python.
What you will learn
- Understand common automation modules used in Python
- Develop Python scripts to manage network devices
- Automate common Linux administration tasks with Ansible and Fabric
- Managing Linux processes
- Administrate VMware, OpenStack, and AWS instances with Python
- Security automation and sharing code on GitHub
Who This Book Is For
Hands-On Enterprise Automation with Python is for system administrators and DevOps engineers who are looking for an alternative to major automation frameworks such as Puppet and Chef. Basic programming knowledge with Python and Linux shell scripting is necessary.
Table of Contents
- Setting Up Our Python Environment
- Common Libraries used in Automation
- Setting up your network lab environment
- Using Python to manage Network Devices
- Extract useful data from Network devices
- Configuration generator with Python and Jinja2
- Parallel Execution of Python Script
- Preparing a Lab Environment
- Using Subprocess Module
- Running System Administration Tasks with Fabric
- Generating system reports, managing users and system monitoring
- Interacting with Database
- Ansible for System Administration
- Creating and Managing VMWare Virtual Machines
- Interacting with Openstack API
- Automating AWS with Python and Boto3
- Using SCAPY Framework
- Building Network Scanner using Python
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now