Hands-On Domain-Driven Design with .NET Core
Tackling complexity in the heart of software by putting DDD principles into practice
About the Book
- Apply DDD principles using modern tools such as EventStorming, Event Sourcing, and CQRS
- Learn how DDD applies directly to various architectural styles such as REST, reactive systems, and microservices
- Empower teams to work flexibly with improved services and decoupled interactions
Developers across the world are rapidly adopting DDD principles to deliver powerful results when writing software that deals with complex business requirements. This book will guide you in involving business stakeholders when choosing the software you are planning to build for them. By figuring out the temporal nature of behavior-driven domain models, you will be able to build leaner, more agile, and modular systems.
You’ll begin by uncovering domain complexity and learn how to capture the behavioral aspects of the domain language. You will then learn about EventStorming and advance to creating a new project in .NET Core 2.1; you’ll also and write some code to transfer your events from sticky notes to C#. The book will show you how to use aggregates to handle commands and produce events. As you progress, you’ll get to grips with Bounded Contexts, Context Map, Event Sourcing, and CQRS. After translating domain models into executable C# code, you will create a frontend for your application using Vue.js. In addition to this, you’ll learn how to refactor your code and cover event versioning and migration essentials.
By the end of this DDD book, you will have gained the confidence to implement the DDD approach in your organization and be able to explore new techniques that complement what you’ve learned from the book.
What you will learn
- Discover and resolve domain complexity together with business stakeholders
- Avoid common pitfalls when creating the domain model
- Study the concept of Bounded Context and aggregate
- Design and build temporal models based on behavior and not only data
- Explore benefits and drawbacks of Event Sourcing
- Get acquainted with CQRS and to-the-point read models with projections
- Practice building one-way flow UI with Vue.js
- Understand how a task-based UI conforms to DDD principles
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now