Hands-On Application Development with PyCharm
Accelerate your Python applications using practical coding techniques in PyCharm
About the Book
A definitive guide to PyCharm to help you build business-oriented Python applications ranging from modern web development to data science
- Learn basic to advanced PyCharm concepts to improve efficiency of your Python projects
- Work through practical examples that focus on efficient application development with PyCharm
- Explore advanced features in PyCharm such as code automation, version control, and GUI debugging
JetBrain’s PyCharm is the most popular Integrated Development Environment (IDE) used by the Python community thanks to its numerous features that facilitate faster, more accurate, and more productive programming practices. However, the abundance of options and customizations can make PyCharm seem quite intimidating.
Hands-on Application Development with PyCharm starts with PyCharm’s installation and configuration process, and systematically takes you through a number of its powerful features that can greatly improve your productivity. You’ll explore code automation, version control, graphical debugging/testing, management of virtual environments, and much more. Finally, you’ll delve into specific PyCharm features that support web development and data science, two of the fastest growing applications in Python programming. These include the integration of the Django framework as well as the extensive support for IPython and Jupyter Notebook.
By the end of this PyCharm book, you will have gained extensive knowledge of the tool and be able to implement its features and make the most of its support for your projects.
What you will learn
- Explore PyCharm functionalities and what makes it stand out from other Python IDEs
- Set up, configure, and customize your Python projects in PyCharm
- Understand how PyCharm integrates with Django for web development
- Discover PyCharm's capabilities in database management and data visualization
- Perform code automation, GUI testing, and version control in PyCharm
- Integrate interactive Python tools such as Jupyter Notebooks for building virtual environments
Who this book is for
If you’re a beginner or an expert Python user looking to improve your productivity using one of the best Python IDEs, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Python programming language is expected.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now