Getting Started with V Programming
Getting Started with V Programming
About the Book
Learn a new statically compiled programming language to build maintainable and fast software with the help of this comprehensive guide to V programming
- Explore the features of the V programming language step by step with this beginner's guide
- Gain strong foundational knowledge of core programming concepts such as modules, functions, and structs
- Learn how to write super-fast programs and applications that compile in a matter of seconds
A new language on the block, V comes with a promising set of features such as fast compilation and interoperability with other programming languages. This is the first book on the V programming language, packed with concise information and a walkthrough of all the features you need to know to get started with the language.
The book begins by covering the fundamentals to help you learn about the basic features of V and the suite of built-in libraries available within the V ecosystem. You'll become familiar with primitive data types, declaring variables, arrays, and maps. In addition to basic programming, you'll develop a solid understanding of the building blocks of programming, including functions, structs, and modules in the V programming language.
As you advance through the chapters, you'll learn how to implement concurrency in V Programming, and finally learn how to write test cases for functions. This book takes you through an end-to-end project that will guide you to build fast and maintainable RESTful microservices by leveraging the power of V and its built-in libraries.
By the end of this V programming book, you'll be well-versed with the V programming language and be able to start writing your own programs and applications.
What you will learn
- Become familiar with the basic building blocks of programming in the V language
- Install the V language on various operating systems
- Understand how to work with arrays and maps in V programming
- Discover how to implement concurrency in V programming
- Use channels in V programming to learn the best practices of sharing memory by communicating among coroutines
- Write modular code and build on your knowledge of structs and functions in V
- Get acquainted with writing tests in V programming
- Get to grips with building and querying RESTful microservice in V
Who this book is for
Whether you're a beginner interested in learning a programming language or an experienced programmer looking to switch to a new and better statically compiled programming language, this V programming book is for you.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now