Getting Started with Kubernetes - Third Edition
Extend your containerization strategy by orchestrating and managing large-scale container deployments
About the Book
Schedule and run application containers using Kubernetes
- Get to grips with a wide range of tools to monitor and secure your deployments
- Manage your container clusters and networks using Kubernetes
- Get well-versed with the fundamentals of Kubernetes
Kubernetes has continued to grow and achieve broad adoption across various industries, helping you to orchestrate and automate container deployments on a massive scale.
Based on the recent release of Kubernetes 1.12, Getting Started with Kubernetes gives you a complete understanding of how to install a Kubernetes cluster. The book focuses on core Kubernetes constructs, such as pods, services, replica sets, replication controllers, and labels. You will understand cluster-level networking in Kubernetes, and learn to set up external access to applications running in the cluster.
As you make your way through the book, you'll understand how to manage deployments and perform updates with minimal downtime. In addition to this, you will explore operational aspects of Kubernetes , such as monitoring and logging, later moving on to advanced concepts such as container security and cluster federation. You'll get to grips with integrating your build pipeline and deployments within a Kubernetes cluster, and be able to understand and interact with open source projects. In the concluding chapters, you'll orchestrate updates behind the scenes, avoid downtime on your cluster, and deal with underlying cloud provider instability within your cluster.
By the end of this book, you'll have a complete understanding of the Kubernetes platform and will start deploying applications on it.
What you will learn
- Download, install, and configure the Kubernetes code base
- Set up and access monitoring and logging for Kubernetes clusters
- Set up external access to applications running in the cluster
- Learn how to manage and scale kubernetes with hosted platforms on AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Run multiple clusters and manage them from a single control plane
- Discover top tools for deploying and managing a Kubernetes cluster
- Learn how to get production ready and harden Kubernetes operations, networking, and storage
Who this book is for
Getting Started with Kubernetes is for developers, system administrators, and DevOps engineers who want to automate the deployment process and scale their applications. No prior knowledge of Kubernetes is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now