Full-Stack React Projects
Modern web development using React 16, Node, Express, and MongoDB
About the Book
Unleash the power of MERN stack by building diverse web applications using React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
- Create dynamic web applications with the MERN stack
- Leverage the power of React in building interactive and complex user interfaces
- Unlock the potential of Node, Express, and MongoDB to build modern full-stack applications
This book guides you through preparing the development environment for MERN stack-based web development, to creating a basic skeleton application and extending it to build four different web applications. These applications include a social media, an online marketplace, a media streaming, and a web-based game application with virtual reality features.
While learning to set up the stack and developing a diverse range of applications with this book, you will grasp the inner workings of the MERN stack, extend its capabilities for complex features, and gain actionable knowledge of how to prepare MERN-based applications to meet the growing demands of real-world web applications.
What you will learn
- Set up your development environment and develop a MERN application
- Implement user authentication and authorization using JSON Web Tokens
- Build a social media application by extending the basic MERN application
- Create an online marketplace application with shopping cart and Stripe payments
- Develop a media streaming application using MongoDB GridFS
- Implement server-side rendering with data to improve SEO
- Set up and use React 360 to develop user interfaces with VR capabilities
- Learn industry best practices to make MERN stack applications reliable and scalable
Who This Book Is For
Table of Contents
- Unleashing React Applications in MERN
- Preparing the Development Environment
- Building a Backend with MongoDB, Express, and Node
- Adding a React Frontend to Complete MERN
- Starting with a Simple Social Media Application
- Exercising New MERN Skills with an Online Marketplace
- Extending the Marketplace for Orders and Payments
- Building a Media Streaming Application
- Customizing the Media Player and Improving SEO
- Developing a Web-Based VR Game
- Making the VR Game Dynamic Using MERN
- Following Best Practices and Developing MERN Further
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now