ETL with Azure Cookbook
Practical recipes for building modern ETL solutions to load and transform data from any source
About the Book
Explore the latest Azure ETL techniques both on-premises and in the cloud using Azure services such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Azure Data Factory, and Azure Databricks
- Understand the key components of an ETL solution using Azure Integration Services
- Discover the common and not-so-common challenges faced while creating modern and scalable ETL solutions
- Program and extend your packages to develop efficient data integration and data transformation solutions
ETL is one of the most common and tedious procedures for moving and processing data from one database to another. With the help of this book, you will be able to speed up the process by designing effective ETL solutions using the Azure services available for handling and transforming any data to suit your requirements.
With this cookbook, you’ll become well versed in all the features of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to perform data migration and ETL tasks that integrate with Azure. You’ll learn how to transform data in Azure and understand how legacy systems perform ETL on-premises using SSIS. Later chapters will get you up to speed with connecting and retrieving data from SQL Server 2019 Big Data Clusters, and even show you how to extend and customize the SSIS toolbox using custom-developed tasks and transforms. This ETL book also contains practical recipes for moving and transforming data with Azure services, such as Data Factory and Azure Databricks, and lets you explore various options for migrating SSIS packages to Azure. Toward the end, you’ll find out how to profile data in the cloud and automate service creation with Business Intelligence Markup Language (BIML).
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed the skills you need to create and automate ETL solutions on-premises as well as in Azure.
What you will learn
- Explore ETL and how it is different from ELT
- Move and transform various data sources with Azure ETL and ELT services
- Use SSIS 2019 with Azure HDInsight clusters
- Discover how to query SQL Server 2019 Big Data Clusters hosted in Azure
- Migrate SSIS solutions to Azure and solve key challenges associated with it
- Understand why data profiling is crucial and how to implement it in Azure Databricks
- Get to grips with BIML and learn how it applies to SSIS and Azure Data Factory solutions
Who this book is for
This book is for data warehouse architects, ETL developers, or anyone who wants to build scalable ETL applications in Azure. Those looking to extend their existing on-premise ETL applications to use big data and a variety of Azure services or others interested in migrating existing on-premise solutions to the Azure cloud platform will also find the book useful. Familiarity with SQL Server services is necessary to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now