Eclipse Plug-in Development Beginner's Guide Second Edition
Develop skills to build powerful plug-ins with Eclipse IDE through examples
About the Book
Eclipse is used by everyone from indie devs to NASA engineers. Its popularity is underpinned by its impressive plug-in ecosystem, which allows it to be extended to meet the needs of whoever is using it. This book shows you how to take full advantage of the Eclipse IDE by building your own useful plug-ins from start to finish.
Taking you through the complete process of plug-in development, from packaging to automated testing and deployment, this book is a direct route to quicker, cleaner Java development. It may be for beginners, but we're confident that you'll develop new skills quickly. Pretty soon you'll feel like an expert, in complete control of your IDE.
Don't let Eclipse define you - extend it with the plug-ins you need today for smarter, happier, and more effective development.
- Create useful plug-ins to make Eclipse work for you
- Learn how to migrate Eclipse 3.x plug-ins to Eclipse 4.x
- From automation to testing, find out how to get your IDE performing at an impressive standard
- Create plug-ins for Eclipse 4.x
- Test plug-ins automatically with JUnit
- Display tree and table information in views
- Upgrade Eclipse 3.x plug-ins to Eclipse 4.x
- Find out how to build user interfaces from SWT and JFace
- Run tasks in the background and update the user interface asynchronously
- Automate builds of plug-ins and features
- Automate user interface tests with SWTBot
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now