A project-based guide that will show you how to create 7 professional Drupal sites
About This Book
- Create and design your own customized website effortlessly and efficiently
- This up-to-date guide on Drupal 8 will show you how you can leverage the latest Drupal 8 features
- This hands-on guide will turn you into a professional grade Drupal 8 developer through 7 unique and engaging web sites
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for web developers who are looking to create professional web applications using Drupal 8. You should have some previous experience with Drupal and must have a basic knowledge of web application development in general. If you are looking to create fluent professional websites that will take you to the next level, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Find out how to use the Drupal 8 core functionality to build great websites
- Discover how to better manage content using custom blocks and views
- Display content in multiple ways, taking advantage of display modes
- Using the new TWIG theme engine for Drupal
- Easily manage and filter content
- Understanding best practices for building great Drupal sites
Drupal is an open source content management framework that can be used for developing websites and simplifying online management of content for users.
This book is a must-have for web developers who are looking to create professional-grade websites using Drupal 8. While building 7 different Drupal websites, we will focus on implementing the out of the box features that come with Drupal 8 and see how we can make some complex sites with minimal custom code.
Focusing completely on Drupal 8, this book will help you leverage the new Drupal 8 features such as creating a different types and layouts of content using configuration to build in core with its built-in web services facilities, and effortless authoring using the new CKEditor with an effortless and efficient industry standard approach.
The book starts with getting started with the development environment of Drupal. Each chapter will start with a brief overview of the site to be built and the required features. Then, we will proceed to create customized modules and themes and integrate third-party plugins. Lastly, you will learn about "headless" Drupal that uses RESTful services that would help you to display content outside of Drupal
By the end of the book, you will be able to implement the knowledge gained to build your own custom websites using Drupal 8.
Style and approach
This unique, project-based resource on Drupal 8 website development will show you how to leverage Drupal 8’s features to create customized, professional-grade applications efficiently and effectively.