Django 4 By Example
Django 4 By Example
About the Book
Learn to create fully functional web applications with authentication, content management systems, payment processing, RESTful APIs, and more
- Implement advanced functionalities, such as full-text search engines, user activity streams, payment gateways, and recommendation engines
- Add real-time features with Django Channels and WebSockets
Django 4 By Example is the 4th edition of the best-selling franchise that helps you build web apps. This book will walk you through the creation of real-world applications, solving common problems, and implementing best practices using a step-by-step approach.
You'll cover a wide range of web app development topics as you build four different apps:
- A blog application: Create data models, views, and URLs and implement an admin site for your blog. Create sitemaps and RSS feeds and implement a full-text search engine with PostgreSQL.
- A social website: Implement authentication with Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Create user profiles, image thumbnails, a bookmarklet, and an activity stream. Implement a user follower system and add infinite scroll pagination to your website.
- An e-commerce application: Build a product catalog, a shopping cart, and asynchronous tasks with Celery and RabbitMQ. Process payments with Stripe and manage payment notifications via webhooks. Build a product recommendation engine with Redis. Create PDF invoices and export orders to CSV.
- An e-learning platform: Create a content management system to manage polymorphic content. Cache content with Memcached and Redis. Build and consume a RESTful API. Implement a real-time chat using WebSockets with ASGI. Create a production environment using NGINX, uWSGI and Daphne with Docker Compose.
This is a practical book that will have you creating web apps quickly.
What you will learn
- Learn Django essentials, including models, ORM, views, templates, URLs, forms, authentication, signals and middleware
- Implement different modules of the Django framework to solve specific problems
- Integrate third-party Django applications into your project
- Build asynchronous (ASGI) applications with Django
- Set up a production environment for your projects
- Easily create complex web applications to solve real use cases
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now