Conversations on turning a passion for talking about tech into a career
About the Book
A collection of in-depth conversations with leading developer advocates that reveal the world of developer relations today
- Top developer advocates reveal the work they’re doing at the center of their tech communities and the impact their advocacy is having on the tech industry as a whole
- Discover the best practices of developer advocacy and get the inside story on working at some of the world’s largest tech companies
- Features contributions from noted developer advocates, including Scott Hanselman, Sally Eaves, Venkat Subramaniam, Jono Bacon, Ted Neward, and more
These are just a few of the questions addressed by developer advocate and author Geertjan Wielenga in Developer, Advocate!. 32 of the industry's most prominent developer advocates, from companies including Oracle, Microsoft, Google, and Amazon, open up about what it's like to turn a lifelong passion for knowledge sharing about tech into a rewarding career. These advocates run the gamut from working at large software vendors to small start-ups, along with independent developer advocates who work within organizations or for themselves.
In Developer, Advocate!, readers will see how developer advocates are actively changing the world, not only for developers, but for individuals and companies navigating the fast-changing tech landscape. More importantly, Developer, Advocate! serves as a rallying cry to inspire and motivate tech enthusiasts and burgeoning developer advocates to get started and take their first steps within their tech community.
What you will learn
- Discover how developer advocates are putting developer interests at the heart of the software industry in companies including Microsoft and Google
- Gain the confidence to use your voice in the tech community
- Immerse yourself in developer advocacy techniques
- Understand and overcome the challenges and obstacles facing developer advocates today
- Hear predictions from the people at the cutting edge of tech
- Explore your career options in developer advocacy
Who this book is for
Anybody interested in developer advocacy, the impact it is having, and how to build developer advocacy capabilities
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now