Data Engineering with Python
Work with massive datasets to design data models and automate data pipelines using Python
About the Book
Build, monitor, and manage real-time data pipelines to create data engineering infrastructure efficiently using open-source Apache projects
- Become well-versed in data architectures, data preparation, and data optimization skills with the help of practical examples
- Design data models and learn how to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data using Python
- Schedule, automate, and monitor complex data pipelines in production
Data engineering provides the foundation for data science and analytics, and forms an important part of all businesses. This book will help you to explore various tools and methods that are used for understanding the data engineering process using Python.
The book will show you how to tackle challenges commonly faced in different aspects of data engineering. You’ll start with an introduction to the basics of data engineering, along with the technologies and frameworks required to build data pipelines to work with large datasets. You’ll learn how to transform and clean data and perform analytics to get the most out of your data. As you advance, you'll discover how to work with big data of varying complexity and production databases, and build data pipelines. Using real-world examples, you’ll build architectures on which you’ll learn how to deploy data pipelines.
By the end of this Python book, you’ll have gained a clear understanding of data modeling techniques, and will be able to confidently build data engineering pipelines for tracking data, running quality checks, and making necessary changes in production.
What you will learn
- Understand how data engineering supports data science workflows
- Discover how to extract data from files and databases and then clean, transform, and enrich it
- Configure processors for handling different file formats as well as both relational and NoSQL databases
- Find out how to implement a data pipeline and dashboard to visualize results
- Use staging and validation to check data before landing in the warehouse
- Build real-time pipelines with staging areas that perform validation and handle failures
- Get to grips with deploying pipelines in the production environment
Who this book is for
This book is for data analysts, ETL developers, and anyone looking to get started with or transition to the field of data engineering or refresh their knowledge of data engineering using Python. This book will also be useful for students planning to build a career in data engineering or IT professionals preparing for a transition. No previous knowledge of data engineering is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now