Cyber Safety for Everyone 2nd Edition
Understand the Interplay between the Internet and one’s Social and Mental Well-Being
Formats - PDF, EPUB
Pages - 284
ISBN - 9789391392567
Edition - 2nd
Language - English
Published on 12/2021
Techniques and Effective tips to get protected from Cyber Criminals
● Learn to file a Cybercrime complaint.
● Discover the New IT Rules 2021.
● Understand the Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Cyber security.
● Know how our online lives and real-world lives closely intertwined, each affecting the other.
● Tips for protection of very young kids (5yr-8 yr), when online.
● Identifying and keeping potential online predators and pedophiles at a distance.
Book is a step-by-step guide that handholds you through all the essential aspects of internet safety. The content is presented in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. True incidents, practical tips, survey results, conversation starters and teaching ideas given in the book, make the reading experience truly enriching.
As per a recent survey amongst our volunteers, 94% said they were more vigilant and discerning towards misinformation primarily due to online safety they’d learned at Jaago Teens. They also felt that 70% of people were likely influenced by fake news during the Covid-19 pandemic.
At the end of a Jaago Teens workshop, a teacher conceded. “Both, my daughter and I post a lot of pictures online. But, now I realize doing so can have dangerous consequences.”
After a Corporate Jaago Teens Internet Safety workshop, a young 27-year old said, “Today we listened to many different aspects of Internet Safety. I think this was like a mock drill. If a situation arises where we need to apply what we have learned today, we will be able to do so!”
What you will learn
● Awareness of the IT Rules 2021.
● Concept of plagiarism and copyright violation.
● To modify the privacy settings on the social media platform, to ensure one’s safety.
Who this book is for
Children’s online life is different from those of grown-ups, if their online safety is a constant worry this book is a great resource to use. It tells you the kind of trouble children can get into when they are online, and suggests simple yet effective ways to deal with such situations. This book is a must-read for every parent, teacher or child who wants to avoid the temptations and perils of cyberspace.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Internet Safety
2. Real World and the Virtual World
3. Basic Do’s and Don’ts
4. Parental Control Options
5. Online Gaming
6. Recognizing Cyberbullying and Dealing with It
7. Privacy of Personal Information
8. Online Predators
9. Smartphone Safety, Your Phone Isn’t Smart, But You Are!
10. Modes of Digital Payments and Safe Online Payments
11. Reporting Cybercrime and Laws that protect against Online Harassment
12. Online Plagiarism
13. Privacy Settings for Various Online Platforms
14. A Downloadable JaagoTeens Presentation
15. Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and
Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021
16. Artificial Intelligence (AI) keeps you safe in the Real World and the Online World