Cryptography and Network Security
Demystifying the ideas of Network Security, Cryptographic Algorithms, Wireless Security, IP Security, System Security, and Email Security
About the Book
Exploring techniques and tools and best practices used in the real world.
● Explore private and public key-based solutions and their applications in the real world.
● Learn about security protocols implemented at various TCP/IP stack layers.
● Insight on types of ciphers, their modes, and implementation issues.
Cryptography and Network Security teaches you everything about cryptography and how to make its best use for both, network and internet security. To begin with, you will learn to explore security goals, the architecture, its complete mechanisms, and the standard operational model.
You will learn some of the most commonly used terminologies in cryptography such as substitution, and transposition. While you learn the key concepts, you will also explore the difference between symmetric and asymmetric ciphers, block and stream ciphers, and monoalphabetic and polyalphabetic ciphers. This book also focuses on digital signatures and digital signing methods, AES encryption processing, public key algorithms, and how to encrypt and generate MACs. You will also learn about the most important real-world protocol called Kerberos and see how public key certificates are deployed to solve public key-related problems. Real-world protocols such as PGP, SMIME, TLS, and IPsec Rand 802.11i are also covered in detail.
What you will learn
● Describe and show real-world connections of cryptography and applications of cryptography and secure hash functions.
● How one can deploy User Authentication, Digital Signatures, and AES Encryption process.
● How the real-world protocols operate in practice and their theoretical implications.
● Describe different types of ciphers, exploit their modes for solving problems, and finding their implementation issues in system security.
Who this book is for
This book is for security professionals, network engineers, IT managers, students, and teachers who are interested in learning Cryptography and Network Security.
Table of Contents
1. Network and information security overview
2. Introduction to cryptography
3. Block ciphers and attacks
4. Number Theory Fundamentals
5. Algebraic structures
6. Stream cipher modes
7. Secure hash functions
8. Message authentication using MAC
9. Authentication and message integrity using Digital Signatures
10. Advanced Encryption Standard
11. Pseudo-Random numbers
12. Public key algorithms and RSA
13. Other public-key algorithms
14. Key Management and Exchange
15. User authentication using Kerberos
16. User authentication using public key certificates
17. Email security
18. Transport layer security
19. IP security
20. Wireless security
21. System security
BPB is Asia's largest publishers of Computer & IT books. For the last 63 years BPB has been a friend, philosopher and guide for programmers, developers, hardware technicians, IT Professionals who have made things happen in the IT World.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now