CompTIA Security+: SY0-601 Certification Guide Second Edition
Complete coverage of the new CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) exam to help you pass on the first attempt
About the Book
Become well-versed with IT security essentials and exam objectives for CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 certification
- Written by Ian Neil, one of the world’s top CompTIA Security+ trainers
- Test your knowledge of security jargon and acronyms with self-assessment and realistic exam questions
- Learn about cryptography, encryption, and security policies to deliver a robust infrastructure
The CompTIA Security+ certification confirms that you have the fundamental knowledge required to perform core security functions and pursue a career in IT security. Authored by Ian Neil, a world-class CompTIA Security+ 601 trainer, this book is a best-in-class study guide that fully covers the CompTIA Security+ 601 exam objectives.
Complete with self-assessment scenarios and realistic exam questions, this guide will help you master the core concepts to pass the exam the first time you take it. With the help of relevant examples, you'll learn about fundamental security concepts, from certificates and encryption to identity and access management (IAM). You'll then delve into the important domains of the exam, namely, cloud security, threats, attacks and vulnerabilities, technologies and tools, architecture and design, risk management, and cryptography and public key infrastructure (PKI). This book comes with over 600 practice questions with detailed explanations and includes two mock exams to help you test yourself.
By the end of this book, you will understand the application of core Security+ concepts in the real world and be ready to take the exam with confidence.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with security fundamentals, from the CIA triad through to IAM
- Explore cloud security and techniques used in penetration testing
- Discover different authentication methods and troubleshoot security issues
- Secure the devices and applications that are used by your company
- Identify and protect against various types of malware and virus
- Protect your environment against social engineering and advanced attacks
- Understand and implement PKI concepts
- Delve into secure application development, deployment, and automation concepts
Who this book is for
If you want to take and pass the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam, even if you are not from an IT background, this book is for you. You’ll find this guide useful if you want to become a qualified security professional. This book is also ideal for US Government and DOD personnel seeking this certification.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now