CCBA® and CBAP® Certifications Study Guide
Expert tips and practices in business analysis to pass the certification exams on the first attempt
About the Book
A handy, on-the-job reference filled with real-life scenarios to help you achieve the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) and Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA®) certifications
- Gain expert guidance from Esta Lessing, a CBAP® trainer with over 18 years of business analysis experience
- Understand BABOK® knowledge areas and tasks through examples and real-world scenarios
- Learn business analyst skills such as stakeholder engagement, strategy analysis, and requirement elicitation
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) is a certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) for professionals with extensive experience in business analysis. The CCBA® and CBAP® validates your proficiency in various aspects of business analysis and your ability to tackle challenging projects, work effectively with stakeholders, and identify and deliver business value.
You’ll start by learning about the benefits of CCBA® and CBAP® certifications for your career progression before focussing on the six core knowledge areas explained thoroughly in each chapter. These include topics such as business analysis planning and monitoring, elicitation and collaboration, requirements life cycle management, strategy analysis, requirements analysis, and design definition as well as solution evaluation. The book includes the essential underlying competencies and techniques to ensure a complete understanding of the BABOK® v3 guide content. Each chapter delves into the essential concepts and business analysis task considerations utilizing practical examples. Finally, you’ll assess your knowledge through mock exam questions based on real-world case studies.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained the business analysis skills needed to prepare for the certification exams and to advance in your career.
What you will learn
- Assess the IIBA® requirements for applying for the CCBA® and CBAP® exams
- Navigate through the sections of the BABOK® v3 Guide
- Understand business analysis concepts, practices and analysis techniques
- Be able to relate concepts, tasks, and techniques to real-world practical situations
- Understand the application of 50 practical techniques concerning the BABOK® v3 Guide knowledge area tasks
- Identify the challenges that could hinder a business analyst from delivering value and effective business solutions
Who this book is for
This book is for business analysts, business consultants, trainers, project managers, and business professionals who are interested in preparing for the IIBA CBAP or CCBA exams. The book assumes business analysis experience.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now