Building Forms with Vue.js
Patterns for building and scaling complex forms with great UX
About the Book
Learn how to build dynamic schema-driven forms with Vue from scratch
- Understand the basics of form component composition
- Scale and integrate your forms with libraries such as Vuex and Vuelidate
- Convert any form into a self-generated schema-driven app
Almost every web application and site out there handles user input in one way or another, from registration forms and log-in handling to registration and landing pages. Building Forms with Vue.js follows a step-by-step approach to help you create an efficient user interface (UI) and seamless user experience (UX) by building quick and easy-to-use forms.
You’ll get off to a steady start by setting up the demo project. Next, you’ll get to grips with component composition from creating reusable form components through to implementing the custom input components. To further help you develop a convenient user input experience, the book will show you how to enhance custom inputs with v-mask. As you progress, you’ll get up to speed with using Vuelidate and Vuex to effectively integrate your forms. You’ll learn how to create forms that use global state, reactive instant user input validation and input masking, along with ensuring that they are completely schema-driven and connected to your application’s API. Every chapter builds on the concepts learned in the previous chapter, while also allowing you to skip ahead to the topics you’re most interested in.
By the end of this book, you will have gained the skills you need to transform even the simplest form into a crafted user and developer experience with Vue.
What you will learn
- Learn all about the basics of creating reusable form components with the Vue framework
- Understand v-model and how it plays a role in form creation
- Create forms that are completely powered and generated by a schema, either locally or from an API endpoint
- Understand how Vuelidate allows for easy declarative validation of all your form’s inputs with Vue’s reactivity system
- Connect your application with a Vuex-powered global state management
- Use the v-mask library to enhance your inputs and improve user experience (UX)
Who this book is for
If you are a developer with basic Vue experience who wants to enhance your forms, then this book is for you. No previous experience with any of the libraries used in the book is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now