Blockchain in Telecom
An Insight into the Potential Benefits of Combining Blockchain, 5G, IoT, Cloud Computing, and AI/ML in the Telecom Business
Formats - PDF, EPUB
Pages - 149
ISBN - 9789391392185
Language - English
Published on 12/2021
Exploring the future of the Telecom industry with the power of Blockchain technology.
● Less technical jargons with a simplified understanding of the complex Blockchain architecture.
● In-depth conversations with visuals on using Blockchain and other emerging technologies in the telecom industry.
● Includes industry applications and use-cases on combining Blockchain with 5G, IoT, Cloud, and AI/ML.
‘Blockchain in Telecom’ delves deeper into the Blockchain architecture and its potential benefits of implementation in the telecommunications industry. This book also provides an overview of how blockchain supports 5G, IoT, Cloud, and AI/ML in telecom businesses.
The purpose of this book is to educate readers about the capabilities of Blockchain technology and how it can be used to address several complex issues in the telecommunications industry, including international roaming, inter-carrier settlement, real-time billing, spectrum allocation, managing KYC, and mobile/e-payment solutions in today's business environment. Additionally, novel revenue-generating business models, such as B2B2X, content provider, and underutilized service monetization, are discussed in length throughout this book.
Readers will benefit from reading the chapters as they establish plans for integrating Blockchain technology into the telecoms industry alongside other new technologies such as 5G and IoT, as well as AI/ML, cloud computing, and edge computing. Additionally, this book will help them in managing implementation plans through risk mitigation for implementation and migration.
What you will learn
● Explore the quick and accurate inter-carrier settlement without a central clearing house.
● Learn how to reduce roaming frauds by adopting Blockchain.
● Explore how blockchain makes eKYC smarter, payment systems, and management of personal data easier.
● Learn how to manage CDR data storage with the most efficiency.
● Learn to grasp blockchain integration in the telecom sector with 5G, IoT, and AI/ML.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at CIOs/technology managers/general policymakers who need a high-level holistic picture of the possible role of blockchain technology in telecommunications decision-making in the adoption of Blockchain. No in-depth or technical expertise of Blockchain technology is required; however, exposure or overview will help.
Table of Contents
1. The Case for Blockchain
2. How blockchain technology is disrupting the telco industry
3. Blockchain’s potential for the telecom industry
4. Realtime Billing problem
5. Proof of History
Blockchain in Contemporary Telco Operations
6. CDR and storage
7. Call Roaming
8. Unused Service Monetization
9. Fraud prevention
10. Personal Data Management
11. E-com/ mobile payments
12. KYC & Data Management
Blockchain in the Futuristic Telco Ecosystem
14. Integration with 5G
15. Integration with IoT
16. Integration with AI/ML