Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook Third Edition
Build and monitor Azure applications hosted on serverless architecture using Azure functions
About the Book
Discover recipes for implementing solutions to real-world business problems through serverless applications
- Test, troubleshoot, and monitor Azure functions to deliver high-quality and reliable cloud-centric applications
- Understand Visual Studio's integrated developer experience for Azure functions
- Explore best practices for organizing and refactoring code within the Azure functions
This third edition of Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook guides you through the development of a basic back-end web API that performs simple operations, helping you understand how to persist data in Azure Storage services. You'll cover the integration of Azure Functions with other cloud services, such as notifications (SendGrid and Twilio), Cognitive Services (computer vision), and Logic Apps, to build simple workflow-based applications.
With the help of this book, you'll be able to leverage Visual Studio tools to develop, build, test, and deploy Azure functions quickly. It also covers a variety of tools and methods for testing the functionality of Azure functions locally in the developer's workstation and in the cloud environment. Once you're familiar with the core features, you'll explore advanced concepts such as durable functions, starting with a "hello world" example, and learn about the scalable bulk upload use case, which uses durable function patterns, function chaining, and fan-out/fan-in.
By the end of this Azure book, you'll have gained the knowledge and practical experience needed to be able to create and deploy Azure applications on serverless architectures efficiently.
What you will learn
- Implement continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) of Azure functions
- Develop different event-based handlers in a serverless architecture
- Integrate Azure functions with different Azure services to develop enterprise-level applications
- Accelerate your cloud application development using Azure function triggers and bindings
- Automate mundane tasks at various levels, from development to deployment and maintenance
- Develop stateful serverless applications and self-healing jobs using durable functions
Who this book is for
If you are a cloud developer or architect who wants to build cloud-native systems and deploy serverless applications with Azure functions, this book is for you. Prior experience with Microsoft Azure core services will help you to make the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now