Automated Testing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central-Second Edition
Automated Testing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
About the Book
Learn how to write automated tests for Dynamics 365 Business Central and discover how you can implement them in your daily work
- Leverage automated testing to advance over traditional manual testing methods
- Write, design, and implement automated tests
- Explore various testing frameworks and tools compatible with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a cloud-based SaaS ERP proposition from Microsoft. With development practices becoming more formal, implementing changes or new features is not as simple as it used to be back when Dynamics 365 Business Central was called Navigator, Navision Financials, or Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision, and the call for test automation is increasing.
This book will show you how to leverage the testing tools available in Dynamics 365 Business Central to perform automated testing. Starting with a quick introduction to automated testing and test-driven development (TDD), you'll get an overview of test automation in Dynamics 365 Business Central. You'll then learn how to design and build automated tests and explore methods to progress from requirements to application and testing code. Next, you'll find out how you can incorporate your own as well as Microsoft tests into your development practice. With the addition of three new chapters, this second edition covers in detail how to construct complex scenarios, write testable code, and test processes with incoming and outgoing calls.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to write your own automated tests for Microsoft Business Central.
What you will learn
- Understand the why and when of automated testing
- Discover how test-driven development can help to improve automated testing
- Explore the six pillars of the Testability Framework of Business Central
- Design and write automated tests for Business Central
- Make use of standard automated tests and their helper libraries
- Understand the challenges in testing features that interact with the external world
- Integrate automated tests into your development practice
Who this book is for
This book is for consultants, testers, developers, and development managers working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Functional as well as technical development teams will find this book on automated testing techniques useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now