Applied Deep Learning and Computer Vision for Self-Driving Cars
Build autonomous vehicles using deep neural networks and behavior-cloning techniques
About the Book
Explore self-driving car technology using deep learning and artificial intelligence techniques and libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, and OpenCV
- Build and train powerful neural network models to build an autonomous car
- Implement computer vision, deep learning, and AI techniques to create automotive algorithms
- Overcome the challenges faced while automating different aspects of driving using modern Python libraries and architectures
Thanks to a number of recent breakthroughs, self-driving car technology is now an emerging subject in the field of artificial intelligence and has shifted data scientists' focus to building autonomous cars that will transform the automotive industry. This book is a comprehensive guide to use deep learning and computer vision techniques to develop autonomous cars.
Starting with the basics of self-driving cars (SDCs), this book will take you through the deep neural network techniques required to get up and running with building your autonomous vehicle. Once you are comfortable with the basics, you'll delve into advanced computer vision techniques and learn how to use deep learning methods to perform a variety of computer vision tasks such as finding lane lines, improving image classification, and so on. You will explore the basic structure and working of a semantic segmentation model and get to grips with detecting cars using semantic segmentation. The book also covers advanced applications such as behavior-cloning and vehicle detection using OpenCV, transfer learning, and deep learning methodologies to train SDCs to mimic human driving.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to implement a variety of neural networks to develop your own autonomous vehicle using modern Python libraries.
What you will learn
- Implement deep neural network from scratch using the Keras library
- Understand the importance of deep learning in self-driving cars
- Get to grips with feature extraction techniques in image processing using the OpenCV library
- Design a software pipeline that detects lane lines in videos
- Implement a convolutional neural network (CNN) image classifier for traffic signal signs
- Train and test neural networks for behavioral-cloning by driving a car in a virtual simulator
- Discover various state-of-the-art semantic segmentation and object detection architectures
Who this book is for
If you are a deep learning engineer, AI researcher, or anyone looking to implement deep learning and computer vision techniques to build self-driving blueprint solutions, this book is for you. Anyone who wants to learn how various automotive-related algorithms are built, will also find this book useful. Python programming experience, along with a basic understanding of deep learning, is necessary to get the most of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now