Applied Data Science with Python and Jupyter
Use powerful industry-standard tools to unlock new, actionable insights from your data
About the Book
Become the master player of data exploration by creating reproducible data processing pipelines, visualizations, and prediction models for your applications.
- Get up and running with the Jupyter ecosystem and some example datasets
- Learn about key machine learning concepts such as SVM, KNN classifiers, and Random Forests
- Discover how you can use web scraping to gather and parse your own bespoke datasets
Getting started with data science doesn't have to be an uphill battle. Applied Data Science with Python and Jupyter is a step-by-step guide ideal for beginners who know a little Python and are looking for a quick, fast-paced introduction to these concepts. In this book, you'll learn every aspect of the standard data workflow process, including collecting, cleaning, investigating, visualizing, and modeling data. You'll start with the basics of Jupyter, which will be the backbone of the book. After familiarizing ourselves with its standard features, you'll look at an example of it in practice with our first analysis. In the next lesson, you dive right into predictive analytics, where multiple classification algorithms are implemented. Finally, the book ends by looking at data collection techniques. You'll see how web data can be acquired with scraping techniques and via APIs, and then briefly explore interactive visualizations.
What you will learn
- Get up and running with the Jupyter ecosystem
- Identify potential areas of investigation and perform exploratory data analysis
- Plan a machine learning classification strategy and train classification models
- Use validation curves and dimensionality reduction to tune and enhance your models
- Scrape tabular data from web pages and transform it into Pandas DataFrames
- Create interactive, web-friendly visualizations to clearly communicate your findings
Who this book is for
Applied Data Science with Python and Jupyter is ideal for professionals with a variety of job descriptions across a large range of industries, given the rising popularity and accessibility of data science. You'll need some prior experience with Python, with any prior work with libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, and Pandas providing you a useful head start.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now