Antivirus Bypass Techniques
Antivirus Bypass Techniques
About the Book
Develop more secure and effective antivirus solutions by leveraging antivirus bypass techniques
- Gain a clear understanding of the security landscape and research approaches to bypass antivirus software
- Become well-versed with practical techniques to bypass antivirus solutions
- Discover best practices to develop robust antivirus solutions
Antivirus software is built to detect, prevent, and remove malware from systems, but this does not guarantee the security of your antivirus solution as certain changes can trick the antivirus and pose a risk for users. This book will help you to gain a basic understanding of antivirus software and take you through a series of antivirus bypass techniques that will enable you to bypass antivirus solutions.
The book starts by introducing you to the cybersecurity landscape, focusing on cyber threats, malware, and more. You will learn how to collect leads to research antivirus and explore the two common bypass approaches used by the authors. Once you’ve covered the essentials of antivirus research and bypassing, you'll get hands-on with bypassing antivirus software using obfuscation, encryption, packing, PowerShell, and more. Toward the end, the book covers security improvement recommendations, useful for both antivirus vendors as well as for developers to help strengthen the security and malware detection capabilities of antivirus software.
By the end of this security book, you'll have a better understanding of antivirus software and be able to confidently bypass antivirus software.
What you will learn
- Explore the security landscape and get to grips with the fundamentals of antivirus software
- Discover how to gather AV bypass research leads using malware analysis tools
- Understand the two commonly used antivirus bypass approaches
- Find out how to bypass static and dynamic antivirus engines
- Understand and implement bypass techniques in real-world scenarios
- Leverage best practices and recommendations for implementing antivirus solutions
Who this book is for
This book is for security researchers, malware analysts, reverse engineers, pentesters, antivirus vendors looking to strengthen their detection capabilities, antivirus users and companies that want to test and evaluate their antivirus software, organizations that want to test and evaluate antivirus software before purchase or acquisition, and tech-savvy individuals who want to learn new topics.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now