Active Directory Administration Cookbook - Second Edition
Active Directory Administration Cookbook
About the Book
Simplified actionable recipes for managing Active Directory and Azure AD, as well as Azure AD Connect, for administration on-premise and in the cloud with Windows Server 2022
- Expert solutions for name resolution, federation, certificates, and security with Active Directory
- Explore Microsoft Azure AD and Azure AD Connect for effective administration on the cloud
- Automate security tasks using Active Directory tools and PowerShell
Updated to the Windows Server 2022, this second edition covers effective recipes for Active Directory administration that will help you leverage AD's capabilities for automating network, security, and access management tasks in the Windows infrastructure.
Starting with a detailed focus on forests, domains, trusts, schemas, and partitions, this book will help you manage domain controllers, organizational units, and default containers. You'll then explore Active Directory sites management as well as identify and solve replication problems. As you progress, you'll work through recipes that show you how to manage your AD domains as well as user and group objects and computer accounts, expiring group memberships, and Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSAs) with PowerShell. Once you've covered DNS and certificates, you'll work with Group Policy and then focus on federation and security before advancing to Azure Active Directory and how to integrate on-premise Active Directory with Azure AD. Finally, you'll discover how Microsoft Azure AD Connect synchronization works and how to harden Azure AD.
By the end of this AD book, you’ll be able to make the most of Active Directory and Azure AD Connect.
What you will learn
- Manage the Recycle Bin, gMSAs, and fine-grained password policies
- Work with Active Directory from both the graphical user interface (GUI) and command line
- Use Windows PowerShell to automate tasks
- Create and remove forests, domains, domain controllers, and trusts
- Create groups, modify group scope and type, and manage memberships
- Delegate, view, and modify permissions
- Set up, manage, and optionally decommission certificate authorities
- Optimize Active Directory and Azure AD for security
Who this book is for
This book is for administrators of existing Active Directory Domain Service environments as well as for Azure AD tenants looking for guidance to optimize their day-to-day tasks. Basic networking and Windows Server Operating System knowledge will be useful for getting the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now