Beyond Points, Badges, and Leaderboards
About the Book
Learn all about implementing a good gamification design into your products, workplace, and lifestyle
- Explore what makes a game fun and engaging
- Gain insight into the Octalysis Framework and its applications
- Discover the potential of the Core Drives of gamification through real-world scenarios
Effective gamification is a combination of game design, game dynamics, user experience, and ROI-driving business implementations. This book explores the interplay between these disciplines and captures the core principles that contribute to a good gamification design.
The book starts with an overview of the Octalysis Framework and the 8 Core Drives that can be used to build strategies around the various systems that make games engaging. As the book progresses, each chapter delves deep into a Core Drive, explaining its design and how it should be used. Finally, to apply all the concepts and techniques that you learn throughout, the book contains a brief showcase of using the Octalysis Framework to design a project experience from scratch.
After reading this book, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to enable the widespread adoption of good gamification and human-focused design in all types of industries.
What you will learn
- Discover ways to use gamification techniques in real-world situations
- Design fun, engaging, and rewarding experiences with Octalysis
- Understand what gamification means and how to categorize it
- Leverage the power of different Core Drives in your applications
- Explore how Left Brain and Right Brain Core Drives differ in motivation and design methodologies
- Examine the fascinating intricacies of White Hat and Black Hat Core Drives
Who this book is for
Anyone who wants to implement gamification principles and techniques into their products, workplace, and lifestyle will find this book useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now