3D Graphics Rendering Cookbook
3D Graphics Rendering Cookbook
About the Book
Build a 3D rendering engine from scratch while solving problems in a step-by-step way with the help of useful recipes
- Learn to integrate modern rendering techniques into a single performant 3D rendering engine
- Leverage Vulkan to render 3D content, use AZDO in OpenGL applications, and understand modern real-time rendering methods
- Implement a physically based rendering pipeline from scratch in Vulkan and OpenGL
OpenGL is a popular cross-language, cross-platform application programming interface (API) used for rendering 2D and 3D graphics, while Vulkan is a low-overhead, cross-platform 3D graphics API that targets high-performance applications. 3D Graphics Rendering Cookbook helps you learn about modern graphics rendering algorithms and techniques using C++ programming along with OpenGL and Vulkan APIs.
The book begins by setting up a development environment and takes you through the steps involved in building a 3D rendering engine with the help of basic, yet self-contained, recipes. Each recipe will enable you to incrementally add features to your codebase and show you how to integrate different 3D rendering techniques and algorithms into one large project. You'll also get to grips with core techniques such as physically based rendering, image-based rendering, and CPU/GPU geometry culling, to name a few. As you advance, you'll explore common techniques and solutions that will help you to work with large datasets for 2D and 3D rendering. Finally, you'll discover how to apply optimization techniques to build performant and feature-rich graphics applications.
By the end of this 3D rendering book, you'll have gained an improved understanding of best practices used in modern graphics APIs and be able to create fast and versatile 3D rendering frameworks.
What you will learn
- Improve the performance of legacy OpenGL applications
- Manage a substantial amount of content in real-time 3D rendering engines
- Discover how to debug and profile graphics applications
- Understand how to use the Approaching Zero Driver Overhead (AZDO) philosophy in OpenGL
- Integrate various rendering techniques into a single application
- Find out how to develop Vulkan applications
- Implement a physically based rendering pipeline from scratch
- Integrate a physics library with your rendering engine
Who this book is for
This book is for 3D graphics developers who are familiar with the mathematical fundamentals of 3D rendering and want to gain expertise in writing fast rendering engines with advanced techniques using C++ libraries and APIs. A solid understanding of C++ and basic linear algebra, as well as experience in creating custom 3D applications without using premade rendering engines is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now