- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
During the reaction of some metals with dilute hydrochloric acid, the following observations were made.
(a) Silver metal does not show any change
(b) The temperature of the reaction mixture rises when aluminium (Al) is added.
(c) The reaction of sodium metal is found to be highly explosive
(d) Some bubbles of gas are seen when lead (Pb) is reacted with the acid.
Explain these observations giving suitable reasons.
(a) Silver metal does not show any change because silver lies lower in the reactive series of metals hence it does not react with HCl.
(b) The temperature of the reaction mixture rises when aluminium (Al) is added because it is an exothermic reaction resulting in an increase in the temperature.
(c) Sodium is a highly reactive metal it reacts with atmospheric oxygen to form an exothermic reaction which results in a temperature increase.
(d) When lead reacts with acid it produces Hydrogen gas which is responsible for the formation of bubbles.
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Explain some of the basic types of chemical Reaction?
- What were the inventions and discoveries during the Indus Valley Civilization?
- Find FIRST & FOLLOW for the following Grammar. S → A a A | B b B A → b B B → ε
- 8085 program to implement the following function (a*b) + (c*d)
- Python Pandas - Draw a bar plot and show standard deviation of observations with Seaborn
- Python Pandas - Draw a point plot and show standard deviation of observations with Seaborn
- Why SHOW DBS does not show my databases in MongoDB?
- What are some of the thought-provoking incidents occurred in your life and made you way more mature than you were?
- Maximize the value of A by replacing some of its digits with digits of B in C++
- Construct the SLR Parsing table for the following grammar. Also, Parse the input string a * b + a.
- Some Interesting Observations about C/C++ Ternary Operator
- Python a += b is not always a = a + b
- What was your reaction when you were called Uncle/Aunty for the first time in your life?
- Show that the whole compilation process for statement A = B * C + 20, where A, B, C are of real types
- What would you do if you were made a superhero for a day?