- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Draw the symbols of the following circuit components.
$(i)$. electric cell
$(ii)$. switch in off position
$(iii)$. electric bulb
- Related Articles
- Draw in your notebook the symbol store present the following components of electrical circuits: connecting wires, switch in the ‘OFF’ position, bulb, cell, switch in the ‘ON’ position, and battery.
- Explain the importance of switch in an electric circuit.
- When a switch is in OFF position,$(i)$. circuit starting from the positive terminal of the cell stops at the switch.$(ii)$. circuit is open.$(iii)$. no current flows through it.$(iv)$. current flows after some time.Choose the combination of correct answer from the following.$(a)$. all are correct$(b)$. $(ii)$. and $(iii)$. are correct$(c)$. only $(iv)$. is correct$(d)$. only $(i)$. and $(ii)$. are correct
- Zubeda made an electric circuit using a cell holder shown in Fig. 14.4, a switch, and a bulb. When she put the switch in the ‘ON’ position, the bulb did not glow. Help Zubeda in identifying the possible defects in the circuit."
- Explain the important components and working of an electric bulb?
- Draw circuit symbols for a) fixed-resistance b) variable resistance c) a cell d) a battery of 3 cells e) an open switch f) a closed switch
- Name an instrument that measures electric current in a circuit.Define the unit of electric current.What do the following symbols mean in circuit diagrams?An electric circuit consisting of a 0.5 m long nichrome wire XY\n
- Name the effect of current responsible for the glow of the bulb in an electric circuit.
- Fill in the blanks:$(i)$. Our body is a ________ of electricity.$(ii)$. An electric cell produces electricity from the ________ in it.$(iii)$. In an electric circuit a fuse is a ________ to prevent possible fire.$(iv)$. A combination of two or more cells is called a ________.
- Explain the importance of using in a household electric circuit (i) fuse, and (ii) earthing wire.
- In the circuit shown in Fig. 14.25$(i)$. Would any of the bulb glow when the switch is in the ‘OFF’ position?$(ii)$. What will be the order in which the bulbs A, B and C will glow when the switch is moved to the ‘ON’ position?"
- What is the function of electric switch?
- An electric bulb is connected to a cell through a switch as shown in figure. When the switch is brought in ‘ON’ position, the bulb does not glow. What could be the possible reason/s for it? Mention any two of them."
- What is the main difference in the wiring of an electric bulb and a socket for using an electric iron in a domestic electric circuit? What is the reason for this difference?
- What is the usual capacity of an electric fuse used (i) in the lighting circuit, and (ii) in the power circuit, of a small house?