- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Does sound follow the same laws of reflection as light does? Explain.
Yes, sound follows the same laws of reflection as light. let us discuss what is the reflection of sound and what laws does the reflection of a sound wave are followed:
Reflection of sound:
When a sound bounces back from any surface, it is known as the reflection of the sound. And hard surfaces are best for reflecting the sound waves.
Examples of the reflection of the sound:
$(i)$. Working process of SONAR- The speed and distance of underwater objects is measured by using the reflection of sound. This method is called SONAR.
$(ii)$. Working on a stethoscope-the sound of a patient’s heartbeat reaches the doctor’s ear through multiple reflections of sound.
Laws of reflection of sound:
The following laws the reflection of a sound wave follows:
1. The reflected sound wave and the incident sound wave make an equal angle with the normal to the surface at the point of incidence.
2. The reflected sound wave, the normal to the point of incidence, and the incident sound wave all lie in the same plane.
The diagram given below shows the reflection of sound.
- Does MongoDB getUsers() and SHOW command fulfil the same purpose?
- What procedure does one need to follow if traveling through metro rail for the first time?
- Can I play the same sound more than once at the same time with HTML5?
- Explain how reflection works in .NET framework
- The Inverse Square Law of Illuminance (Laws of Illumination)
- PHP Why does this && not trigger as false?
- How does the operating system act as a resource manager and extended machine?
- How does MySQL determine the end of the statement?
- What information does SHOW TABLE DOES display in MySQL
- How does the Microstrip antenna work?
- What does the method toArray() do?
- How does the Selenium WebDriver work?
- How does the discordancy testing work?
- What does the pandas.series.array attribute do?
- What does the pandas.series.index attribute do?