- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Does geographical isolation of individual of a species lead to formation of a new species? Provide a suitable explanation.
Geographical isolation occurs when the two groups of organisms become geographically separated. The new species developed due to geographical separation is known as allopatric speciation.
When two groups of organisms are isolated to no longer interbreed, their green pools become varied. Genes cannot be exchanged among the groups, allowing them to form two different species.
For example, The Kaibab squirrel, subspecies of Abert\'s squirrel, formed when a small population isolate on the north rim of the Grand Canyon.
Speciation is the process of the formation of new species either by evolution or by genetic modification of the existing species in a population.
Factors responsible for speciation are natural selection, genetic drift, geographical isolation, and mutation.
1) Natural selection: Genetic variation in the individual species generated due to natural incidents led to the evolution of new species.
2) Genetic drift: Sudden alternation in gene frequency due to any natural or manmade factor is called genetic drift.
- What is the difference between humans and other species on earth?
- Island of Isolation in Java
- Provide a brief overview of the C# and .NET ecosystem
- Cloud Testing- Beginning of a New Era of Possibilities
- Bigram formation from given a Python list
- What are some of the important namespaces in C#? Provide a brief description of each
- How did the formation of oceans take place?
- Move axes of a Numpy array to new positions
- How to extract a subset of a colormap as a new colormap in Matplotlib?
- Probability of A winning the match when individual probabilities of hitting the target given in C++
- Give Explanation, Formula & Uses of K-Ratio
- Replace a C# array with a new array of different size
- How can we use existing values of the rows to provide new values in the SET clause of UPDATE statement?