- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Does being youngest of siblings affect us?
Without a sibling, the childhood of a person has no taste. He does not know how to adjust and adapt and this affects his personality later on in life. Our siblings are our most constant companions throughout life.
Relationships Between Siblings
Our relationships with our parents and children are very precious and our siblings are our shadows. They have a significant impact on our development as individuals in a life full of obstacles and unhappy times. Not only we share our sorrows with them, but also our joys.
Research Conducted In this Field
An IZA Discussion Paper by Sandra E. Black ( the University of Texas at Austin and IZA), Erik Grönqvist (IFAU), and Björn Öckert (IFAU) study this relationship between birth order among Swedish men whose personalities were assessed when enlisting in the military.
The Researchers Have these Finding
First-born children show higher emotional stability than younger siblings.
Greater persistence in elders is observed too.
Elders siblings are more social than younger ones.
Elders are often more responsible and take initiatives.
Thus, younger siblings do bear the brunt of being born young. They have to suffer a lot at times but they are spoilt ones too in some families, especially the joint families. It all depends upon the kind of upbringing parents give to their children.
- Does use of anonymous functions affect performance?
- Does MySQL foreign_key_checks affect the entire database?
- How does Financial Leverage affect financial risk?
- How does exercise affect the rate of carbon dioxide production?
- How does consumption of milk affect women’s health?
- How does subsidized financing affect the value of a project?
- How does music affect our health and life?
- How does the nature of business affect the beta of a company?
- How does the “Pica” disorder affect kids?
- jQuery Traversing Siblings
- What is Information Fatigue Syndrome? How does it affect you?
- How long does our past affect our habits and beliefs?
- How does Working Capital affect the Cash Flow from Operations?
- jQuery element ~ siblings Selector
- jQuery siblings() with Examples